Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Maple Syrup Kisses


As my 6 year old, Caleb, swung his arms around me this morning and planted a giant maple syrup kiss on my cheek I was quickly reminded that I am blessed right where I am.
When I was 20 and three months into my beautiful new marriage I found out that I wouldn't be having drinks on my 21st Birthday like all my other friends. Instead, my hunky new husband and I would be indeed picking out names for the arrival of my firstborn. While all of my friends were off at college I remember thinking OK this is it. This is what I have waited my whole life for. Not to get a degree in fill in the blank....No, I was going to become a mommy. As a little girl I could never decide what I wanted to be when I grew up. These were the choices I would make on career day...Nurse and Teacher. As I think back to those days it brings me so much JOY to know that God was designing me to be the VERY thing He created me for...Mother. I get grumpy sometimes (a lot) and get in the ruts of life where I just want to complain about everything. But today when Caleb put his arms around me and I smelled the aroma of the maple syrup it made me giggle and smile. No, I do not have a college degree and I am not the most eloquent writer or speaker, but I am very thankful that my God would love me so much to give me a husband who takes care of me and guides me in the Truth; that He loves me and gives me these three blessings to teach and be a nurse to everyday. Treasuring these special moments and tucking them away to bring out on a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment