Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 1: Clinging

Day 1-Clinging to this promise: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.” Lamentations 3:22-24 Today marks my highest weight ever. Don't know how it got out of control so fast. I guess it was the the holiday parties and getting used to eating out. Going to Starbucks to get my favorite coffee whenever I felt the need quickly became the norm and my body and healthy eating habits became a memory. In the winter, you can hide a lot under your layers of clothes. You talk yourself into whatever you want with the same darn excuses day after day. I was still working out, but I was telling myself that I was doing enough to eat how I wanted, but it just didn't work. So, today I started a new journey in so many ways. One that will push me to the limits and test my courage and strength. I will see my mom endure treatment for the ravenous disease called cancer. Radiation. I say endure because I just can't think about her having to go through anything so harsh. She shouldn't have to do this. I will ask my Savior to help me be strong for her. She is the strongest yet most gentle woman I have ever known. I will eat better and use my knowledge of nutrition to try and fight it in my own life. I'm not doing this to look good anymore. I'm not staying fit for "bikini season." I need to fight for my life and my families life. My goal in this is to build others up and encourage them as they find their way to a healthier life. This is day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment